Things to be considered, when making a choice.
- You should pay special attention to the preparation of the base level for the parquet flooring (in compliance with construction norms and regulations SNiP 3.04.01-87; SNiP 2.03.13-88, as well as construction norm VSN 9-94). The base should be hard, flat, dry and clean. Level tolerance on 2 m length is 2 mm. The base for parquet flooring can be made with cement screed, or new modified mixtures, or it can be a complete wooden base of tongue-and-groove boards or UF glued plywood 10-18 mm, which are fixed to concrete or wooden base with a polyurethane adhesive. It is necessary to measure the humidity level of the concrete (cement) base prior to installation of plywood. You should also prevent further spreading of moisture from the base level by application of special professional primers. (read more here)
- Height of other flooring types. It is important to consider the height of other floorings (tiles, laminate flooring, parquet flooring, etc.), both in the adjoining rooms and next to the new flooring (areas close to a fireplace, etc.). This step is necessary in order to avoid height differences between the flooring levels and not to add unwanted floor thresholds. You should respect the thickness of plywood base and the thickness of our wood boards (16 or 22 mm) in order to calculate the nominal height of other flooring types.
- Underfloor heating and hidden utilities. There is a greater probability that plywood fixation in the process of preparation works for the parquet flooring base would damage the hidden utilities communications or an underfloor heating system. In order to prevent that you should make a map of all hidden communications and decide if an underfloor heating is really necessary there. Installation of an underfloor heating system does not make parquetry impossible, only more complicated. But remember that in this case the efficiency of any underfloor heating will be reduced, because of the low level of heat conductivity through natural wood.
- Type of flooring. Normally the choice of flooring type suitable for the specific tasks (climate, level of wear load, aesthetic look, etc.) precedes the floor screeds. We offer a wide variety of engineered and solid wood boards, which makes it possible to use our products in any project and at any stage of its execution.
- Type of wood boards. Normally the choice of wood type goes hand in hand with the choice of project design or when the colour and texture of the flooring is chosen. In the scope of our products we distinguish 2 types of Engineered wood and 5 types of Solid wood boards. Besides, in our facilities we manufacture a limited line of products – unique wood boards (up to 300 mm wide and 4 000 mm long).
Types of wood in brief:
We have engineered wood boards:
«Country» – for those who appreciate natural authenticity of wood and its original beauty (wood with knots)
«Prime» – perfect wood boards with no defects for those who want to lay emphasis on their higher social status, and make the project look more official. More information on the choice criteria is given in quality certificate here.
We have solid wood boards:
«Rustic» – wood boards with larger knobs, which would be ideal for making any room look warm and cosy, be it a public place (café, restaurant, bar, club, etc.), or an apartment.
«Natur» – wood board with knobs. Would be an excellent choice for the lovers of natural wood with its fine texture. Primarily tangential wood cutting.
«Prime» – clear board with small knobs, more classic, both radial and tangential cutting, which adds life and motion to the flooring surface.
«Select» – elite wood boards, hand-picked, primarily tangential cutting, boards pre-selected to match by colour, do not create colour patches on the flooring. No wood defects on the visible front side. This type of wood boards would be ideal for both an office room, and an apartment.
For larger areas, where 200 mm boards look small and dull, we offer an exclusive board type with dimensions up to 4000 mm long and 300 mm wide (types Classic A or Classic B). Classic A – clear wood boards, Classic B – boards with knobs. When you are on a tight budget or the ambient environment is aggressive (temperature/moisture) to solid wood boards, then it would be wise to use our elite Engineered wood boards with the «XL» index, they are 2400 mm long and up to 295 mm wide, with the thickness of oak (ash) wear layer 4 or 6 mm.
- Proper time to start parquetry works. The most important and mandatory condition to be met, before any wood works (parquetry, wood sill, stairs) can start is finished operations with water and humidity. Wood works in the area are only possible after full drying of tile adhesive, plaster on walls and ceiling, etc.
- Parquet processing lead time. Parquet flooring manufacture at our facilities has been conducted for over 15 years strictly according to the technological norms and regulations. Our thorough approach gave us rich experience in drying and processing of timber – manufacturing of high-quality parquet flooring. Keeping this in mind, processing of a customer’s order (in case the chosen wood boards are not available at the moment of purchase) is a meticulous and time-consuming technological process. Manufacturing an order «from scratch» requires from 1.5 (standard products) to 6 months (in case of elite wood boards 4 m long).
- Parquet flooring storage conditions. Beauty and durability of a natural wood flooring (parquet flooring, engineered or solid wood boards) is determined not only by professional installation and service rules, but also by delivery and storage conditions prior to flooring installation.
Below there is a list of requirements for high-quality parquetry works and long life span of your flooring:
- Storage and transportation only in horizontal position, in piles. Prepared flat surface of the floor base, without slopes or curves.
- Package – air-tight with no visible signs of damage (rupture).
- The area for flooring installation is dry and with a heating system. Ambient temperature +160C minimum.
- Humidity level should be below 60%.
- Prior to installation – for climate adaptation – wood materials are brought inside the area of installation (48 hours before the works start). Package is left intact.
- The wood boards are taken from the package only for the installation of the flooring.
Summary: Our parquet wood is a durable flooring type, but to make its aesthetic and practical parameters work, you need to have a vast experience in parquetry and follow strict rules of storage and installation. This is the reason why we insist you trust the installation works to the professionals.